AVAILABLE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Full time & Part-time Manual Machinist
Under minimal supervision unless otherwise needed, a Manual Machinist will set up, and operate a variety of manually controlled machines to produce various metal made parts. In the long term career path at B & W Machine Co Inc, Manual Machinist will cut, drill and tap, fabricate, modify, or repair parts as assigned per customer’s drawings and/or designs Manual Machinist will be able to apply the knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Complete various job assignments as directed and maybe out of job description as needed.
MUST HAVE'S AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Have strong basic mathematical skills such as (but not limited to) fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to use precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, sander, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment
* Manual Machinist must daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment either for themselves or for someone else
* Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of various metal materials. (From time to time we do get plastic to work with)
* Ability or willingness to learn how to interpret customer’s drawings, blueprints and designs through an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
* Ability to lift properly various heavy materials and machinery parts at a least 70 pounds or more.
* Follow directions accordingly and apply them correctly.
* Be a good note taker. It is a required take notes throughout as job duties are a building blocks to next level of machining.
* Work efficiently
* Be on time and reliable.
* Willingness to learn new things as they arise.
* Be a hard worker.
** Full timer will work 7:30 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute lunch.
***Part timers: Be able to work a min of 7 hours per day 3 times per week, Monday through Friday, during the hours of 7:30 to 4 pm. You can pick your three days at your set schedule.
*Must have at least one year of manual or industrial work experience or willing to learn a long term career path.
B & W Machine Co Inc is small mom and pop family machine shop. We are a drug free environment. We are somewhat of a laxed environment but by all means, all employees are held to being dedicated, working efficiently and hardworking. We are open at 7:30 am and closed at 4 pm Monday through Friday.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
B & W Machine Co Inc. is locally owned mom and pop company. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and considers all individuals without regard to age, color, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.